Transformational Role Awaits: Become the Executive Director at Social Action Nigeria!
Position: Executive Director
Location: Port Harcourt/Abuja, Nigeria
Organisation: Social Action Nigeria (Social Development Integrated Centre)
Reports To: President and Governing Board
About Social Action Nigeria:
Social Action Nigeria promotes human rights, democracy, and environmental and social justice. We aim to build solidarity networks, support community participation in development, invest in popular education, monitor policy impacts, and empower social change movements. We prioritise grassroots democracy and popular participation as catalysts for social transformation. We strive to address the interconnected causes of global and local inequality by working with social constituencies to promote alternative models of development that uphold people’s rights to just livelihoods and community involvement. Through our programs in human rights and democracy, resource justice, economic justice, climate justice, and human and maritime security in the Gulf of Guinea, we endeavour to create a more equitable, sustainable, and inclusive society where communities are empowered to shape their futures.
The Executive Director will lead our organisation’s strategic, operational, and financial initiatives. This role is central to translating our vision into actionable plans and programmes that profoundly impact the communities we serve. The position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to meaningful change, work on pressing social justice issues, and lead a passionate team committed to creating a better future for communities in Nigeria.
- Strategic Leadership: Drive the organisation’s mission and vision by setting short- and long-term objectives.
- Programme Oversight: Ensure the five core programs of the organisation are effectively managed, continually assessed, and optimised to deliver maximum impact.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Cultivate relationships with community leaders, NGOs, government agencies, donors, and others.
- Resource Mobilisation: Spearhead fundraising efforts, ensuring sustainable financial health for the organisation.
- Team Management: Lead, inspire, and foster growth within the organisational team.
- Public Representation: Serve as the organisation’s primary spokesperson in media, conferences, and public forums.
- Accountability and Reporting: Ensure timely and comprehensive reports to the board, stakeholders, and donors. Regularly report on organisational progress, challenges, and strategic plans to the President and Governing Board.
- Governance Support: Work closely with the President and Governing Board to shape and uphold governance policies, ensuring alignment with the organisation’s mission and values.
- A Master’s degree or higher in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Management or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role, preferably within the non-profit sector or media.
- Strong understanding and passion for human rights, democracy, social justice, environmental and climate justice.
- Demonstrated fundraising ability and financial management expertise.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Fluent in English; proficiency in local languages is a plus.
- Competitive salary package.
- Opportunity to lead change in critical areas of social justice and human rights.
- A collaborative and empowering work environment.
- Comprehensive health and other employee benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV, a cover letter detailing their relevant experience, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Executive Director Application – [Your Name]” as the subject of your email.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024.
Social Action Nigeria values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We encourage applications from women and individuals of all backgrounds.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further processes.