Social Action is searching for competent and skilled Advocacy/Communication Interns with ability to contribute effectively to achieving organizational objectives.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Start date: July 2017
Social Development Integrated Centre (Social Action) works to promote resource democracy, social justice and human rights in the sectors of energy, mining, the environment and climate change, trade and public budgets. We engage in research and monitoring, popular education and advocacy in solidarity with communities, activists and scholars working to promote social change in Nigeria and other countries in the Gulf of Guinea region of Africa.The Advocacy/Communications Interns will work with programmes staff to ensure efficient communication of Social Action’s activities and project outcomes. The successful candidates will work from our Abuja office under the supervision of the Head of Advocacy. S/he will support the implementation of the organisation’s Communications and Advocacy Plan by providing support to programme staff.
• Demonstrable competence in written and oral English
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficiency in computer usage
• Active social media presence
• A passion for development and social change
• Background in community service
• University or other higher education
• Not above 35 years of age by 1 July 2017
Method of Application
Interested candidates may forward their application and CV, including details of social media accounts via email to: admin[at]saction.org stating “INTERNSHIP APPLICATION” in the subject line.
Deadline for applications is close of office hours, Abuja time, on Friday, 14 July 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
- Climate Justice2022.12.10THE NIGERIA SOCIAL ACTION CONFERENCE 2022 – CLIMATE ACTION: ADDRESSING LOSS AND DAMAGE FROM FLOOD AND DRAUGHT IN NIGERIA
- Nigeria Social Action Camp 2022, held at the Man' War Leadership Training Centre, Aluu, Port HarcourtNews2022.12.06RECLAIMING THE CIVIC SPACE FOR TRANSFORMATIVE GOVERNANCE AND POLITICAL CHANGE IN NIGERIA
- Uncategorized2022.12.03PLANET GRAB: CONVERGING, COMPOUNDED COLONIALISMS OF CONSERVATION, CARBON MARKETS AND EXTRACTIVISM.
- The Director and Staff of the National Oil Spill Detection and Restoration Agency (NOSDRA) pay host to Social Action team lead by Dr Uche IgwuNews2022.12.02NOSDRA COMMITS TO COLLABORATING WITH SOCIAL ACTION IN ADDRESSING ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION IN THE NIGER DELTA